2016 National Philanthropy Day
2016 Awards Honorees
Please plan to join us Friday, November 18, 2016 as we honor some of Dallas' finest:
- Outstanding Philanthropist — Mike Myers
- Outstanding Volunteer Fundraiser — Holly Mayer
- Outstanding Fundraising Executive — James C. Lewis, CFRE
- Outstanding Foundation — Theodore and Beulah Beasley Foundation
- Outstanding Corporation — Bank of America
- Outstanding Youth in Philanthropy — Garage Sale Girls
2015 Honorees and Their Acceptance Speeches
Thank you so much to everyone who joined us at the 30th Annual National Philanthropy Day Awards Luncheon at the beautiful Hyatt Regency! It was an honor to pay tribute, not only to seven of Dallas' finest, but to remember all those who made an impact on our community over the last 30 years. As a thank you to all of our wonderful and deserving awardees, and to inspire others to reach these great heights, we wanted to share their award acceptance videos with you. Please click on the links below to view our 2015 honorees' acceptance speeches.
- Outstanding Philanthropist — Cecilia and Garrett Boone
- Outstanding Volunteer Fundraiser — Nancy Strauss Halbreich
- Outstanding Fundraising Executive — James N. Falk, CFRE
- Outstanding Foundation — The Moody Foundation
- Outstanding Corporation — JPMorgan Chase
- Outstanding Youth in Philanthropy — Kendall Deitch
- Special Recognition Award — Scott Murray
Thanks to our awardees for making Dallas a better place to live – and for caring about those in our community! We look forward to seeing you at next year's NPD celebration!
Sarah Elliott, MS
2015 National Philanthropy Day Chair
Philanthropy — voluntary action for the common good — is a necessary element of civic betterment and those activities which meet societal needs. Fundraising is an essential discipline in the philanthropic process.
The Association of Fundraising Professionals (AFP), an individual member association, advances philanthropy through advocacy, research, education, and certification programs. AFP members and affiliates enable people and organizations to better serve diverse communities and society as a whole. Founded in 1960, AFP advances philanthropy through its more than 31,000 members in 200 chapters throughout the world.
National Philanthropy Day celebrates the great contributions philanthropy, and those who work in the philanthropic process, make to our community. AFP Chapters involve more than 36,000 individuals in celebrating philanthropy each year.
The Greater Dallas Chapter of AFP was among the first to begin celebrating National Philanthropy Day in 1981. Today, the luncheon involves over 700 AFP members and community leaders. Award categories for those in our community who exemplify commitment, dedication, and talent toward helping their neighbors are listed above.