|Contact Information and
Please click HERE to apply!
Planned Parenthood of Greater Texas offers comprehensive reproductive healthcare services. We are here to educate and care for healthy communities. We believe the needs of our community are greater than they've ever been. And that drives us to work harder, aim higher, and expect more from one another. Here, you'll be empowered to make an immediate impact for our organization and clients.
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package:
- Excellent Medical and Dental Benefit Plans
- Retirement plan and employer match
- Generous Paid Time Off.
- Plus Additional Benefits.
The Development Officer for Planned Parenthood of Greater Texas (PPGT) is responsible for overseeing mid-level donors for the organization. The Development Officer implements an effective, comprehensive mid-level donors program including developing strategies and programs for the identification, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of mid-level gifts from a variety of sources. Ensures productivity expectations, customer service and compliance standards are maintained. Abides by the organization's mission in performing job duties. Demonstrates an understanding of and commitment to quality healthcare and excellent customer service.
Key Responsibilities include (please refer to online posting at www.ppgreatertx.org/jobs for a complete job description):
- Manages mid-level donors for the organization.
- Creates mid-level donor program plan which is integrated into the overall Development annual plan and addresses the organization's fundraising needs
- Develops and implements a strategic plan of action with objectives, timelines and evaluation plans for the mid-level donor giving program that includes identification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of donors and prospects.
- Creates and administers a program and activities to solicit gifts from donors, prospects, trustees, board members and friends of the organization including personal solicitations, electronic solicitations, and mail.
- Works closely with the Senior Vice President of Development and other departmental team members to ensure coordination with their respective fundraising efforts.
- Uses development database and report writing software to retrieve data. Performs comprehensive analysis and manipulation related to all aspects of the mid-level donor giving program. Uses statistics to evaluate current programs and to make recommendations for program changes.
- Maintains current records in database and in paper files.
- Participates in Development staff meetings.
- Builds effective and trustworthy relationships with donors, board members, staff and community leaders.
- Keeps current on changing trends in annual giving and adjusts programs and strategies as needed.
- Assures compliance with the Board of Director's governance policies on development as well as the standards established by the Association of Fundraising Professionals.
- Assures that all fundraising materials and any communication with the public maintain the highest standards of integrity and honesty.
- Serves as a role model for staff in quality of work, competence, standards of behavior, initiative, teamwork, and compliance with organization policies.
- Manages volunteers that support mid-level donor giving activities.
- Provides input relating to Development policies, systems, and procedures.
- Produces timely and accurate reports to Planned Parenthood Federation of America and regulatory agencies as appropriate.
- Maintains knowledge of abortion and family planning regulations and implements changes as necessary.
- Has restricted access to client private health information and has no reason to view protected health information (PHI). May have access to data that is not considered PHI, such as aggregate numbers.
- Represents the organization at meetings, community events, conferences, and fundraising, as appropriate.
- Assist with other fundraising projects as requested.
- Other related duties as assigned.
- Duties and responsibilities may be added, deleted or changed at any time at the discretion of management, formally or informally, either verbally or in writing.
- Bachelor's degree in a wide-variety of disciplines.
- 4 years of fundraising, direct marketing, or related experience
- Must be able to work flexible hours including evenings and weekends.
- Ability to write clear, structured, articulate written solicitations, donor materials, proposals, and acknowledgement letters
- Ability to earn the confidence of a wide range of internal and external constituents.
- Effective leadership capabilities; able to mentor and coach team in area of responsibility and the achievement of organization goals.
- Ability to think strategically and achieve organization's goals relating to position.
- Be discrete and safe guard confidential information.
- Possess integrity and compliance – can be relied upon to act ethically.
- Celebrates and exemplifies the core values of our organization: Cooperative and Courteous; Honesty, Integrity & Straightforwardness; Inclusive; Quality Service; and Creativity within the context of Best Practices.
Diversity creates a healthier environment: equal opportunity employer. We strictly prohibit unlawful discrimination of any kind, including discrimination on the basis of race, color, creed, ancestry, national or ethnic origin, religion or belief, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, citizenship, physical or mental disability, age, past, present or prospective military service, HIV status, family medical history or genetic information, socio-economic circumstances, language spoken or any other basis protected by law. We are a drug-free and tobacco-free workplace.
To view all job opportunities at Planned Parenthood of Greater Texas: www.ppgreatertx.org/jobs