Planned Parenthood of Greater Texas offers comprehensive reproductive healthcare services. We are here to educate and care for healthy communities. We believe the needs of our community are greater than they've ever been. And that drives us to work harder, aim higher, and expect more from one another. Here, you'll be empowered to make an immediate impact for our organization and clients.
We are searching for a Senior Events Planner in Dallas, TX (North) to join our affiliate. We invite you to apply today.
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package:
- Excellent Medical and Dental Benefit Plans
- Retirement plan and employer match
- Generous Paid Time Off.
- Plus Additional Benefits.
The Senior Events Planner organizes and coordinates a wide variety of fundraising events for Planned Parenthood of Greater Texas (PPGT). This position is responsible for all aspects of special events planning and post-event activities. In addition, this position interacts and engages volunteers in event activities including sponsorship solicitation. Ensures productivity expectations, customer service and compliance standards are maintained. Abides by the organization's mission in performing job duties. Demonstrates an understanding of and commitment to quality healthcare and excellent customer service.
Key Responsibilities of the Senior Events Planner include (please refer to online posting at www.ppgreatertx.org/jobs for a complete job description):
- Responsible for organizing and coordinating Special Events for assigned area of responsibility.
- Tracks special events expenses and revenue to assure they stay within expense budgets and meet or exceed revenue goals.
- Responsible for all aspects of special events planning, to include: Creates parameters and purpose of each event; Creates and adheres to an accurate time line for each event; Provides periodic progress reports on underwriting, revenue raised vs. goal, pledges vs. goal, sponsorships secured and ticket sales; Works with volunteer leadership; Secures entertainment/speaker and makes necessary travel or hotel arrangements; Collaborates with Public Affairs on pre-event publicity; Prepares speech or comments for President/CEO or other executive leaders; Interacts professionally with event chairs and committee members; Assists in design of invitations and in the layout of the event program; Secures venues and food/beverage in compliance with agency policy; Works collaboratively with Security to assess security needs; Secures decorations and/or centerpieces; Assists in the procurement of auction and/or raffle items and filing for any necessary permits; Generates accurate mailing lists, seating charts and name tags.
- Responsible for all aspects of post-event activities, to include: Performs analysis and reporting of attendance and financial goals; Completes verification of invoices and ensures timely payment of invoices; Collaborates with Public Affairs on post-event publicity; Proposes and implements changes to events based on post-event analysis, research, and changing needs of the organization.
- Cultivates donor relationships relating to special events.
- Builds effective and trustworthy relationships with major donors, board members, foundation trustees, PPGT staff and community leaders.
- Ensures compliance with the Board of Director's governance policies on development as well as the standards established by the Association of Fundraising Professionals.
- Manages volunteer committees that support special events.
- Promotes and facilitates integration, collaboration and teamwork between all departments throughout the organization to advance the overall plans and initiatives. Champions day-to-day integration efforts between all areas within organization.
- Provides the utmost integrity and professionalism in communications including staff, supporters, volunteers, and guests.
- Produces timely and accurate reports to Planned Parenthood Federation of America and regulatory agencies as appropriate.
- Represents the organization at meetings, community events, conferences, and fundraising, as appropriate.
- Has restricted access to client private health information and has no reason to view protected health information (PHI). May have access to data that is not considered PHI, such as aggregate numbers.
- Ensures achievement of agency goals, vision and mission.
- Other related duties as assigned.
- Duties and responsibilities may be added, deleted or changed at any time at the discretion of management, formally or informally, either verbally or in writing.
- Bachelor's degree in a wide-variety of disciplines.
- 4 years of experience in fundraising, event planning, volunteer management, operations, or related field.
- Must be able to work other shifts including evenings and weekends.
- Must be able to travel within and outside organization region as job dictates.
- Must have excellent computer skills with knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Internet.
- Must have the willingness and ability to adapt to change including advances or new technology.
- Must have excellent customer service skills and be committed to providing the highest level of customer satisfaction.
- Must have understanding of the key indicators of a successful event and the implications of actions and decisions on the success of an event.
- Ability to identify viable and sustainable special event expansion opportunities.
- Ability to effectively prepare written acknowledgement letters, contracts and proposals.
- Ability to earn the confidence of a wide range of internal and external constituents.
- Ability to lead, manage, direct, and motivate diverse groups of people and possess the skills to delegate and supervise volunteers.
- Integrity: Builds trust and matches actions and words.
- Coping with Demands of the Position: Uses effective problem solving while working under stress, high volume of work demands and/or time demands; regularly meets deadlines.
- Celebrates and exemplifies the core values of our organization: Respect; Honesty, Integrity & Straightforwardness; Advocacy for the Poor; Quality Service; and Creativity within the context of Best Practices.
Diversity creates a healthier environment: equal opportunity employer. We strictly prohibit unlawful discrimination of any kind, including discrimination on the basis of race, color, creed, ancestry, national or ethnic origin, religion or belief, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, citizenship, physical or mental disability, age, past, present or prospective military service, HIV status, family medical history or genetic information, socio-economic circumstances, language spoken or any other basis protected by law. We are a drug-free and tobacco-free workplace.
To view all job opportunities at Planned Parenthood of Greater Texas: www.ppgreatertx.org/jobs