|Contact Information and
The Development Associate — Project Specialist & Concierge Services provides essential support to Dallas Summer Musicals' (DSM) fundraising programs generating contributed revenue funding DSM operations and community programming. Responsibilities include management of DSM's two affiliate membership groups, the DSM Guild and the Associate Producers, special event and donor cultivation activities including the DSM Gala, donor concierge ticketing services and a portfolio of prospective individual donors of $1,000 - $5,000 through Concierge Services and donor benefits activation.
- Work with a team of Development professionals to execute a comprehensive Development plan with measurable goals and outcomes
- Assist in research and cultivation of individual donor prospects for the DSM Guild, Associate Producers (AP) and DSM Gala
- Serve as the DSM staff liaison for the DSM Guild and AP membership programs and facilitate all communication between leadership and staff
- Draft Guild and AP membership correspondence and membership appeals in collaboration with Guild and AP leadership, including solicitations, acknowledgements and preparation of benefits fulfillment mailings to increase financial support and build awareness of both programs.
- Process all Guild, AP and DSM Gala donations and generate and monitor financial reporting for DSM Guild, AP and DSM Gala and support budget management for each in conference with Director of Individual Giving.
- Support Guild and AP members in planning events/Cast Parties, including VIP and DSM RSVPs, to increase membership retention and acquisition
- Work with Marketing on management of Guild, AP and DSM Gala website, e-blast, and social media copy as well as supplemental membership data in conference with Director of Individual Giving.
- Establish community connections for Guild and AP programs to help form program identities as well as disseminate relevant marketing to attract new membership.
- Responsible for internal oversight of House Seats with guidance from Director of Individual Giving and VP of Development, including concierge ticketing of VIPs, Major Donors, major DSM stakeholders and internal departmental requests, ensuring efficiencies across a dynamic set of donor and community stewardship and cultivation programs.
- Assist Major Donors, DSM Stakeholders and VIPs with Crystal Terrace reservations, ticketing and subscriptions.
- Work with Director of Individual Giving on the DSM Gala, special events and donor stewardship and cultivation experiences during performances, including coordination among internal departmental teams and external vendors
- Assist with data base management including accurate data entry, gift processing, reporting, donor receipts/acknowledgements and mail merges
- Provide administrative support for development department and, on an as needed basis, senior members of the development staff for mailings, donor correspondence, calendar coordination and phone follow-up
Credentials, experience and skill sets:
- Five + years' demonstrated success in fundraising for nonprofit organizations or equivalent customer service position — performing arts preferred
- Proven ability to handle multiple tasks with high attention to detail
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, able to comfortably present ideas in a persuasive manner
- Proven ability to represent DSM to current and prospective donors and funding sources
- Successfully organize and manage projects
- Work effectively with teams within and across departments
- Experience managing development data and analytics within data base platforms
- Handle confidential information with sensitivity
- Demonstrated high level of proficiency with Microsoft Office products such as Outlook, Excel, Word and Power Point
- Bachelor's Degree
DSM offers competitive plus an excellent benefits package that includes medical, dental,vision, disability and life insurance. Also offered is a 401k plan with company matching and a generous paid time off policy.
DSM does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed),gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status, in any of its activities or operations. These activities include, but are not limited to, hiring and termination of staff, selection of volunteers and vendors, and provision of services. We are committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for all members of our staff, clients, volunteers, sub-contractors, vendors,and clients.