Planned Parenthood of Greater Texas offers comprehensive reproductive healthcare services. We are here to educate and care for healthy communities. We believe the needs of our community are greater than they’ve ever been. And that drives us to work harder, aim higher, and expect more from one another. Here, you'll be empowered to make an immediate impact for our organization and clients.
We are searching for a Director of Events in Dallas, TX (North) to join our affiliate. We invite you to apply today.
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package:
- Excellent Medical and Dental Benefit Plans
- Retirement plan and employer match
- Generous Paid Time Off.
- Plus Additional Benefits.
The Director of Events oversees all fundraising events across the region at Planned Parenthood of Greater Texas (PPGT). This position is responsible for staffing planning committees, interacting with and engaging volunteers in event activities. In addition, this position solicits sponsorships and works with committees and volunteers to solicit support for events. The Director of Events develops strategies for integrating events and event donors into development initiatives and works with the Senior Vice President of Development and other Development staff in donor cultivation. Ensures productivity expectations, customer service and compliance standards are maintained. Abides by the organization’s mission in performing job duties. Demonstrates an understanding of and commitment to quality healthcare and excellent customer service.
Key Responsibilities of the Director of Events include (please refer to online posting at www.ppgreatertx.org/jobs for complete job description):
- Responsible for overseeing, organizing, and coordinating all fundraising events across the regions.
- Participates in Development staff meetings. Conducts event status meetings with management or within department as appropriate.
- In conjunction with the Senior Vice President of Development and other senior leadership, develops effective strategies and supports leadership efforts to achieve the fundraising and goals for events.
- Creates the annual special events plan and budget which is integrated into the overall Development annual plan.
- Oversees the management of the events budget, including goal setting and goal attainment, to ensure each event’s success and growth.
- Oversees the development and maintenance of an annual events calendar.
- Prepares an annual special events audit report.
- Oversees all aspects of events planning, to include: Creates parameters and purpose of each event; Creates and adheres to an accurate time line for each event; Provides periodic progress reports on underwriting, revenue raised vs. goal, pledges vs. goal, sponsorships secured and ticket sales; Works with volunteer leadership; Secures entertainment/speaker; Collaborates with Public Affairs on pre-event publicity; Prepares speech or comments for President/CEO or other executive leaders; Interacts professionally with event chairs and committee members; Oversees design of invitations and in the layout of the event program; Secures venues and food/beverage in compliance with agency policy; Works collaboratively with Security to assess security needs; Oversees decorations and/or centerpieces; Oversees the procurement of auction and/or raffle items and filing for any necessary permits; Oversees creation of accurate mailing lists, seating charts and name tags.
- Oversees all aspects of post-event activities, to include: Performs analysis and reporting of attendance and financial goals; Completes verification of invoices and ensures timely payment of invoices; Collaborates with Public Affairs on post-event publicity; Proposes and implements changes to events based on post-event analysis, research, and changing needs of the organization; and Secures gifts for chairs and speakers, as appropriate.
- Cultivates donor relationships relating to events.
- Builds effective and trustworthy relationships with major donors, board members, foundation trustees, PPGT staff and community leaders.
- Keeps current on changing trends in special events and adjusts programs and strategies as needed.
- Ensures compliance with the Board of Director’s governance policies on development as well as the standards established by the Association of Fundraising Professionals (AFP).
- Oversees volunteer committees that support special events.
- Ensures that the Board of Directors, staff and committees are regularly informed of Special Event programs and progress.
- Oversees accurate record-keeping relating to special event activities.
- Hires, trains, leads, motivates, and coaches department staff.
- Provides timely feedback and performance evaluation reviews with staff.
- Ensures all required training is completed for direct reports and has overall accountability for staff within area of responsibility.
- Ensures achievement of agency goals, vision and mission.
- Researches new strategies for fundraising and follows best practices as established by leading professional organizations.
- Produces timely and accurate reports to Planned Parenthood Federation of America (PPFA) and regulatory agencies as appropriate.
- Represents the organization at meetings, community events, conferences, and fundraising, as appropriate.
- Has restricted access to client private health information and has no reason to view protected health information (PHI). May have access to data that is not considered PHI, such as aggregate numbers.
- Ensures achievement of agency goals, vision and mission.
- Other related duties as assigned.
- Duties and responsibilities may be added, deleted or changed at any time at the discretion of management, formally or informally, either verbally or in writing.
- Bachelor’s degree in a wide-variety of disciplines (or the equivalent experience).
- 4 years of experience in fundraising, event planning, volunteer management, or related field.
- Must have excellent computer skills with knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Project and Internet.
- Must be able to work flexible hours including evenings and weekends.
- Must be able to travel within and outside organization region as job dictates.
- Must have understanding of the key indicators of a successful event and the implications of actions and decisions on the success of an event.
- Ability to identify viable and sustainable special event expansion opportunities.
- Ability to effectively prepare written acknowledgement letters, contracts and proposals.
- Ability to earn the confidence of a wide range of internal and external constituents.
- Ability to think strategically and achieve organization’s goals relating to position.
- Ability to provide oversight of compliance and regulatory requirements pertaining to position.
- Comfortable and knowledgeable with discussing topics relating to sexual and reproductive health.
- Ability to effectively use organization’s computer systems.
- Requires an understanding of and commitment to quality healthcare and excellent customer service.
- Be discrete and safe guard confidential information.
- Possess integrity and compliance – can be relied upon to act ethically.
- Ability to lead, manage, direct, and motivate diverse groups of people and possess the skills to delegate and supervise volunteers.
- Affiliate Knowledge: Understands the mission and structure of the affiliate and exhibits agency’s core values.
- Attention to Detail: Demonstrates thoroughness in accomplishing a task through concern for all the areas involved, no matter how small.
- Planning/Organizing: Establishes a systematic course of action for self or others to assure accomplishments of a specific objective.
Determines priorities and allocates time and resources effectively.
- Work Management: Effectively manages time as a resource; establishes realistic priorities; schedules own time and activities effectively; gives balanced focus and attention to appropriate long- and short-term priorities. Develops action plans and budgets; leverages technology; anticipates obstacles; establishes check points and monitors progress.
- Interpersonal Sensitivity: Acts in a way that indicates understanding and accurate interpretation of others’ concerns, feelings, strengths and limitations. Uses interpersonal understanding to shape one’s own response.
- Building Relationships: Shows genuine interest in others’ needs and opinions; establishes rapport; earns the confidence and trust of others; demonstrates consistency between words and actions; delivers on commitments.
- Adaptability or Flexibility: Responds with flexibility to shifting priorities and changing work situations; recovers quickly from problems and setbacks; develops new skills to remain competitive. Adapts easily to change, sees the merits of differing positions, and adapts own positions and strategies in response to new information or changes to a situation.
- Integrity: Builds trust and matches actions and words.
- Coping with Demands of the Position: Uses effective problem solving while working under stress, high volume of work demands and/or time demands; regularly meets deadlines.
- Exemplify the organization’s values: We Tend to the Team; We Respect and Honor All People; We Jump In; We Try and We Learn; We Care for our Business; and We Return to our Mission.
Diversity creates a healthier environment: equal opportunity employer. We strictly prohibit unlawful discrimination of any kind, including discrimination on the basis of age; race, color, ancestry, national origin, or ethnicity; citizenship status; sex or gender; gender identity or gender expression or transgender status (including the individual's actual or perceived sex and the individual's gender identity, self-image, appearance, behavior, or expression); sexual orientation (including actual or perceived heterosexuality, homosexuality, bisexuality and asexuality); mental or physical disability; AIDS, AIDS Related Complex, or HIV status; perception of risk of HIV infection; or association with individuals who are believed to beat risk; religion or creed; genetic information; pregnancy status, including related medical conditions; marital status; past, current, or prospective service in the uniformed services; or any other basis protected by law. We are a drug-free and tobacco-free workplace.
To view all job opportunities at Planned Parenthood of Greater Texas: www.ppgreatertx.org/jobs