Jobs : Special Events Intern
Click here to return to the full list.
|Company / Organization:||Junior Achievement of Dallas|
|Position Title:||Special Events Intern|
|Contact Information and
|PURPOSE OF POSITION:
To provide administrative support for the Development department staff to meet the JA Dallas Business Hall of Fame event goals.
Performs a full range of standard and advanced administrative duties adapting procedures within organizational policies. Performs administrative support duties for a supervisor in charge of a number of functions, and/or a major event management activity. Assists with event management activities related to planning, logistics, marketing, and fundraising.
Work requires a knowledge of company as well as department policies and procedures. Operates a wide variety of standard office equipment and is proficient with relationship databases, word processing, spreadsheet, and presentation software. Performs other duties as assigned.
To apply, please submit resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Deadline: 11/25/2020
No phone calls please.
POSITION SPECIFICATIONS: Education, Experience, Certification and Knowledge/Skills/Abilities.
• Junior or Senior university student (or recent grad) and/or minimum of 2 years administrative or
• Remote Position with exception of optional planning meetings and attending Laureate Reception.
Must have reliable Wi-Fi connection and cell phone for work communication.
• Must have reliable transportation; travel required within the DFW area. Mileage will be reimbursed.
• Must maintain professional nature.
• Excellent oral and written communications and customer relations skills.
• Ability to work independently and make decisions. Ability to work accurately and quickly under
• Excellent computer literacy (Microsoft Office applications)
• Relationship database experience, preferably Blackbaud CRM
• Knowledge of office equipment and procedures, and excellent organization skills.
• Ability to lift up to 30 pounds.
• Nonprofit experience preferred.
• Marketing experience preferred.
• Pursuing or achieved degree in marketing, communications, or business related field preferred.
• Experience or knowledge of GiveSmart and/or Blackbaud software preferred.
• Event planning experience preferred.
COMPENSATION: This is a part time, paid internship position. Please check with your university for internship eligibility requirements.
This person reports to: Sr Manager of Major Events & Giving
This position directly supervises none; non-exempt position
KEY END RESULTS:
MEASURES OF ACCOMPLISHMENT:
1. HALL OF FAME A. Goal Achievement
C. Laureate Reception
D. Social Media & Marketing
Supports supervisor and Special Events Coordinator in assigned components for a prestigious event attended by community leaders and their guests. Provides administrative support for event sponsorship and auction logistics. Assist with social media planning & media support for Hall of Fame event. This position helps organize and execute the Laureate Reception party in February.
2. AUCTION DATABASE MANAGEMENT A. Auction committee support
C. Auction goal achievement
Assists with the preparation, planning, and execution of the Hall of Fame auction. Responsibilities include
maintaining auction database (GiveSmart), assisting with auction committee, auction planning and