This position is critical to the ministry of Sky Ranch and contributes directly to our mission of leading youth and families to know and follow Christ. The Development Coordinator will be responsible for supporting the development team fundraising efforts through various appeals, Cowboys & Cowboys gala and all other fundraising activities and events as needed.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage and update the donor data records.
- Assist in research of potential donor prospects
- Prepare and proofread statistical reports, letters, invoices, and correspondence accurately and timely.
- Lead effort for execution of Summer Appeal – Family Camp and North Texas Giving Day. Efforts include: submitting requests to marketing, updating target mailing lists, overall design and layout, proofreading, social media strategy,
- Assist in soliciting of In-Kind donations for the Cowboys & Cowboys Gala.
- Responsible for overseeing Silent Auction for Cowboys & Cowboys Gala including, but not limited to: creating all collateral needed for Auction, soliciting and picking up auction items, tracking items and entering items in bidding software; ensuring accuracy.
- Work with Cowboys & Cowboys Silent Auction Chair and Committee to make sure committee meets requirements; attend events; track solicitations
- Manage inventory and ordering for all Cowboys & Cowboys supplies needed
- Perform other tasks for Cowboys and Cowboys Gala, as needed
- Responsible for Development inventory of supplies and materials; including ordering in a timely manner
- Assist with developing social media and website strategy for the Development Department.
- Assist in preparing for special meetings, including but not limited to, ordering supplies, and setting up catering, gifts etc.
- Assist with delivering and picking up materials throughout the year including but not limited to picking up donation items, delivering gifts, etc.
- Participate in Development meetings and training as required.
- Answer phones promptly, take accurate messages, and handle calls appropriately. Respond to requests for information timely including answering questions about program services.
- Be available Saturdays and Sundays during Summer camp in Van
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintain compliance with Sky Ranch’s employee policies and procedures.
- Maintain compliance with all state and federal laws and regulatory requirements.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Minimum of three years Administrative experience.
- Knowledge of basic accounting and bookkeeping is preferred.
- Must have knowledge and evidence of extensive data entry, database development, management, and report writing.
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Microsoft Publisher and Access.
- Knowledge of donor management software preferred.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Excellent interpersonal skills, and relationship building skills.
- Ability to relate positively, influentially, and sensitively to a broad spectrum of persons in a variety of multi-tiered relationships and settings to include co-workers, peers, and board members.
- Ability to plan, manage, and report financial information proficiently.
- Basic reading, writing, and arithmetic skill required.
- Ability to investigate and analyze information and draw conclusions.
- Ability to prepare moderately complex reports.
- Ability to exercise independent thinking and initiative.
- Excellent professional written communication skills. Ability to speak clearly in face to face interactions; to articulate with accuracy on the telephone and through e-mail. Excellent listening skills.
- Excellent organizational skills; ability to multi-task and manage a variety of tasks.
- Encouraging and building mutual trust, respect, and cooperation among team members.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to communicate the vision and values of Sky Ranch to both internal and external customers.
- Donors and camper families
- No or very limited physical effort required.
- Ability to use up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently to move objects.
- Ability to grasp, push, pull, carry or otherwise manipulate objects; ability to perform tasks requiring action of muscles or groups of muscles and foot and/or hand-eye coordination.
- Ability to travel to various geographic locations, including travel by car, and some overnight stays including weekends.
- Works indoors in normal office environment majority of the time.
- No or very limited exposure to physical risk.
- Requires a willingness to work a flexible schedule with occasional evening and weekend work.
- Ability to travel by car to Sky Ranch in Van, TX for special meetings during the week and to help implement the summer appeal and cultivate donor relationships on weekends.
- Ability to work overtime, including weeknights and weekends.
Commitment to Christian principles and teachings both professionally and personally. Must be able to fully support Sky Ranch’s Doctrinal Statement. An active membership in a church whose spiritual beliefs are aligned with Sky Ranch’s Doctrinal Statement.
Commitment to Sky Ranch’s Vision, Mission, Values (Who We A.R.E.) and Principles (WOW, Stewardship, and Excellence) demonstrated in daily behavior.
Must demonstrate annually a clear background check and review of child safety practices as required for camp accreditation by the American Camping Association.
Possess personal spiritual discipline that models a proactive approach toward personal, spiritual, and relational health.
Sky Ranch is a year-round recreational camp ministry, with locations in Texas, Colorado, and Oklahoma. Our mission is to lead youth and families to know and follow Christ. For over 65 years, we’ve created experiences in engaging camp environments, helping parents and leaders inspire, challenge, and encourage. Come join us!