QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
- Education: Bachelor's degree, preferably in communications, business, or liberal arts-related field.
- Experience: strong administration and experience in nonprofit organization(s) preferred.
- Well-developed social skills and ability to work within all levels of an organization.
- A compelling presence that helps empower others to take responsibility and set ambitious goals for themselves.
- A spirit of helpfulness marked by tenacity, cooperation, and a willingness to think outside the box, and lead by example.
- A sense of passion about the work, a commitment to M. Gale & Associate's mission to improve nonprofit organizations, and a dedication to excellence.
- Comfortable in all types of social settings and able to interact with a wide range of constituencies.
- Knowledge of computer operations and software products, including Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook. M. Gale uses Microsoft 365.
- Must demonstrate strong writing skills.
- Ability to work flexible hours, including occasional evenings and weekends; travel as required to ensure client satisfaction and deliverables.
- 2+ years' experience in areas of nonprofit administration, operations, and/or development
- Evidence of continued professional career development
- Experience with donor database software and/or sales software is helpful
- Member of professional organizations relevant to career advancement, i.e., Association of Fundraising Professionals (AFP)
- Ability to travel Independently
- Keyboarding skills
- Occasional light lifting 10-15lbs
- Must have dependable transportation for client meetings/events and other job-related activities.
M.Gale seeks a full-time Campaign Associate to join our team in an exciting time of strategic organizational growth and implementation.
This candidate will have direct experience in the field of nonprofit development, a talent for building relationships both external and internal to the organization, and a proven track record in raising funds, or in supporting the administrative functions required to do so, within the community and with acute attention to detail. The candidate should possess demonstrated experience working with nonprofit executives, boards, and donors.
This role works daily with the Project Lead on campaign responsibilities and will be part of the M.Gale operations team, collaborating with consultants and communicating directly with clients and their donors, as needed and appropriate. The Consulting Services team is led by the Director of Consulting Services, and you will be a member of this team, sharing collective responsibility to deliver exceptional work to clients, while meeting or exceeding the organization's strategic initiatives, goals, functions, and processes. Quality and integrity stand at the top of our client interactions and deliverables, as well as with our team of employees and associates.
The Campaign Associate will deliver campaign-related services to clients. The position will operationalize the campaign, drawing on the talents, skills, and knowledge of our team of consultants to maximize deliverables and uphold the M.Gale formula to fundraising success–within predetermined time and budget parameters for each client. A primary focus for the Campaign Associate is systematizing the campaign administrative operations, ensuring nimble, accurate production of documents and materials supporting the campaign and the Campaign Team. This requires responsiveness, adaptability, and accuracy,
tracking many details within a fast-paced workflow.
- Provide direct support for all campaign-related activities working directly with Project Lead, Consultants, and organizations' staff members to implement the campaign plan.
- Provide support and information for timely execution of campaign solicitation strategies, briefings, donor research, proposals, and solicitation follow up. Ensure all related planning activity is recorded.
- Manage campaign calendar and coordinate team calendars for meetings; prepare and distribute agendas and, as requested, organize individual donor visit coordination.
- Support the distribution of regular progress reports, including results to date, recent activity, priority contacts to be made, and next actions.
- Help maintain client and client donor files.
- Support development, design, and printing of campaign materials, reports, and presentations.
- Support campaign database and data entry for the Moves Management process to track prospect cultivation and solicitation.
- Help write funding proposals, supporting documentation, and other fundraising correspondence, as needed.
- Assist with training volunteers for all campaign initiatives.
- Assist the Campaign Co-Chairs and committees with all support aspects of the campaign, including major gift packages, committee planning, meeting management, and documentation.
- Coordinate or conduct appropriate meetings to resolve questions, develop meeting materials, and brief cultivation partners well before prospect meetings.
- Coordinate campaign administration with the client, including reports reconciliation, gift acknowledgments, stewardship activities, campaign communications, and donor recognition.
- Proven track record of customer relations and organizational processes and ability to multitask.
- Proven ability to work independently and collaboratively on a team strong writing, revising, editing, and proofreading skills; and ability to maintain a high standard of accuracy and professionalism.
- This position requires that the candidate demonstrate a belief in philanthropy and a commitment to the community.
The Campaign Associate is a member of the M.Gale operations team, and as such will be responsible for contributing to:
- Operations Planning, Development, and Implementation.
- Attending business, strategic, and sales or business development meetings.
- Participating in meetings with potential clients to help prepare work for a proposed project or product through the sales process.
- Other duties as assigned or negotiated by M.Gale Leadership.
Strategy and Planning
- Work individually and cooperatively to achieve goals for assigned clients and/or projects.
- Help ensure consistent client delivery and the production of materials and team resources.
- Understanding of the campaign fundraising process and relationship-based fundraising practices.
- Knowledge of all areas of the fund development process, beginning with acquisition and annual fund to major gifts and planned giving.
- Strong written and verbal skills, and ability to create and deliver written and oral presentations.