Planned Parenthood of Greater Texas offers comprehensive reproductive healthcare services. We are here to educate and care for healthy communities. We believe the needs of our community are greater than they’ve ever been. And that drives us to work harder, aim higher, and expect more from one another. Here, you'll be empowered to make an immediate impact for our organization and clients.
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package:
- Excellent Medical and Dental Benefit Plans
- Retirement plan and employer match
- Generous Paid Time Off.
- Plus Additional Benefits.
The Manager of Grants for Planned Parenthood of Greater Texas (PPGT) is responsible for the preparation and oversight of grants for the organization. Ensures productivity expectations, customer service and compliance standards are maintained. Abides by the organization’s mission in performing job duties. Demonstrates an understanding of and commitment to quality healthcare and excellent customer service.
Key Responsibilities include (please refer to online posting at www.ppgreatertx.org for a complete job description):
- Manages all grant preparation and submission for the organization.
- Creates a grant submission plan which is integrated into the overall Development annual plan and addresses the organization’s fundraising needs and community relations plan.
- Manages the grants budget.
- Develops (or supervises the development of) grant proposals to local and national foundations to support organization programs.
- Identifies and defines grant funding sources to support existing and planned program activities.
- Perform prospect research on foundations, government and other funding sources to evaluate prospects for grants.
- Builds effective and trustworthy relationships with major donors, board members, foundation trustees, staff and community leaders.
- Assures compliance with the Board of Director’s governance policies on development as well as the standards established by the Association of Fundraising Professionals.
- Assures that all fundraising materials and any communication with the public maintain the highest standards of integrity and honesty.
- Ensures that the Board of Directors, staff and committees are regularly informed of Grant programs and progress.
- Coordinates record-keeping related to grant activities.
- Produces timely and accurate reports to Planned Parenthood Federation of America and regulatory agencies as appropriate.
- Maintains knowledge of abortion and family planning regulations and implements changes as necessary.
- Has restricted access to client private health information and has no reason to view protected health information (PHI). May have access to data that is not considered PHI, such as aggregate numbers.
- Other related duties as assigned.
- Duties and responsibilities may be added, deleted or changed at any time at the discretion of management, formally or informally, either verbally or in writing.
- Bachelor’s degree in a wide-variety of disciplines.
- 4 years of fundraising, grant writing, or related experience.
- Must be able to work flexible hours including evenings and weekends.
- Must be able to travel within and outside affiliate region as job dictates.
- Effective grant writing abilities.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to write clear, structured, articulate written acknowledgement letter, contracts, and persuasive proposals.
- Ability to earn the confidence of a wide range of internal and external constituents.
- Ability to think strategically and achieve affiliate’s goals relating to position.
- Skilled in verbal and written communications.
- Ability to lead, manage, direct, and motivate diverse groups of people and possess the skills to delegate and supervise.
Diversity creates a healthier environment: equal opportunity employer. We strictly prohibit unlawful discrimination of any kind, including discrimination on the basis of race, color, creed, ancestry, national or ethnic origin, religion or belief, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, citizenship, physical or mental disability, age, past, present or prospective military service, HIV status, family medical history or genetic information, socio-economic circumstances, language spoken or any other basis protected by law. We are a drug-free and tobacco-free workplace.
To view all job opportunities at Planned Parenthood of Greater Texas: www.ppgreatertx.org