Planned Parenthood of Greater Texas offers comprehensive reproductive healthcare services. We are here to educate and care for healthy communities. We believe the needs of our community are greater than they’ve ever been. And that drives us to work harder, aim higher, and expect more from one another. Here, you'll be empowered to make an immediate impact for our organization and clients.
We are searching for a Director of Grants in Dallas, TX (North) to join our affiliate. We invite you to apply today.
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package:
Excellent Medical and Dental Benefit Plans
Retirement plan and employer match
Generous Paid Time Off.
Plus Additional Benefits.
The Director of Grants for Planned Parenthood of Greater Texas (PPGT) is responsible for the preparation and oversight of grants for the organization. Ensures productivity expectations, customer service and compliance standards are maintained. Abides by the organization’s mission in performing job duties. Demonstrates an understanding of and commitment to quality healthcare and excellent customer service.
Key Responsibilities of the Director of Grants include (please refer to online posting at www.ppgreatertx.org/jobs for complete job description):
- Supervises and manages Development staff within area of responsibility.
- Manages all grant preparation and submission for the organization.
- Participates in Development staff meetings.
- Creates a grant submission plan which is integrated into the overall Development annual plan and addresses the organization’s fundraising needs and community relations plan.
- Manages the grants budget and coordinates record-keeping related to grant activities.
- Develops (or supervises the development of) grant proposals to local and national foundations to support organization programs.
- Identifies and defines grant funding sources to support existing and planned program activities.
- Conducts the full range of activities required to prepare, submit, and manage grant proposals and reports.
- Perform prospect research on foundations, government and other funding sources to evaluate prospects for grants.
- Complies with and tracks all grant reporting as required by funding sources.
- Maintains current records in database and in paper files, including grant tracking and reporting.
- Works closely with the Senior Vice President of Development and other departmental team members to ensure coordination with their respective fundraising efforts.
- Builds effective and trustworthy relationships with major donors, board members, foundation trustees, staff and community leaders.
- Assures compliance with the Board of Director’s governance policies on development as well as the standards established by the Association of Fundraising Professionals.
- Develops an effective leadership style with team members, and responsible for all formal supervisory activities such as hiring, training, evaluating performance, and mentoring of staff.
- Ensures all required training is completed for direct reports and has overall accountability for staff within area of responsibility.
- Assures that all fundraising materials and any communication with the public maintain the highest standards of integrity and honesty.
- May manage volunteers that support fundraising activities.
- Ensures that the Board of Directors, staff and committees are regularly informed of Grant programs and progress.
- Provides input relating to Development policies, systems, and procedures.
- Produces timely and accurate reports to Planned Parenthood Federation of America and regulatory agencies as appropriate.
- Has restricted access to client private health information and has no reason to view protected health information (PHI). May have access to data that is not considered PHI, such as aggregate numbers.
- Represents the organization at meetings, community events, conferences, and fundraising, as appropriate.
- Assist with other fundraising projects as requested.
- Other related duties as assigned.
- Duties and responsibilities may be added, deleted or changed at any time at the discretion of management, formally or informally, either verbally or in writing.
- Bachelor’s degree in a wide-variety of disciplines (or the equivalent experience).
- 4 years of experience in fundraising, grant writing, or related experience. Management experience desired.
- Must have excellent computer skills with knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Project and Internet.
- Must be able to work flexible hours including evenings and weekends.
- Must be able to travel within and outside organization region as job dictates.
- Effective grant writing abilities.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to write clear, structured, articulate written acknowledgement letter, contracts, and persuasive proposals.
- Ability to earn the confidence of a wide range of internal and external constituents.
- Ability to provide oversight of compliance and regulatory requirements pertaining to position.
- Ability to manage details and complexity, to handle a variety of tasks simultaneously and to work under pressure.
- Comfortable and knowledgeable with discussing topics relating to sexual and reproductive health.
- Requires an understanding of and commitment to quality healthcare and excellent customer service.
- Be discrete and safe guard confidential information.
- Ability to lead, manage, direct, and motivate diverse groups of people and possess the skills to delegate and supervise subordinates.
- Affiliate Knowledge: Understands the mission and structure of the affiliate and exhibits agency’s core values.
- Work Management: Effectively manages time as a resource; establishes realistic priorities; schedules own time and activities effectively; gives balanced focus and attention to appropriate long- and short-term priorities. Develops action plans and budgets; leverages technology; anticipates obstacles; establishes check points and monitors progress.
- Interpersonal Sensitivity: Acts in a way that indicates understanding and accurate interpretation of others’ concerns, feelings, strengths and limitations. Uses interpersonal understanding to shape one’s own response.
- Analytical Thinking: Breaks down complex problems or tasks, generating detailed action plans. Reviews and evaluates own knowledge and experience as a means of thinking of multiple causes and consequences of events.
- Adaptability or Flexibility: Responds with flexibility to shifting priorities and changing work situations; recovers quickly from problems and setbacks; develops new skills to remain competitive. Adapts easily to change, sees the merits of differing positions, and adapts own positions and strategies in response to new information or changes to a situation.
- Coping with Demands of the Position: Uses effective problem solving while working under stress, high volume of work demands and/or time demands; regularly meets deadlines.
- Exemplify the organization’s values: We Tend to the Team; We Respect and Honor All People; We Jump In; We Try and We Learn; We Care for our Business; and We Return to our Mission.
Diversity creates a healthier environment: equalopportunity employer. We strictly prohibit unlawful discrimination of anykind, including discrimination on the basis of age; race, color, ancestry,national origin, or ethnicity; citizenship status; sex or gender; genderidentity or gender expression or transgender status (including the individual'sactual or perceived sex and the individual's gender identity, self-image,appearance, behavior, or expression); sexual orientation (including actual orperceived heterosexuality, homosexuality, bisexuality and asexuality); mental orphysical disability; AIDS, AIDS Related Complex, or HIV status; perception ofrisk of HIV infection; or association with individuals who are believed to beat risk; religion or creed; genetic information; pregnancy status, includingrelated medical conditions; marital status; past, current, or prospectiveservice in the uniformed services; or any other basis protected bylaw. We are a drug-free and tobacco-free workplace.
To view all job opportunities at Planned Parenthood of Greater Texas: www.ppgreatertx.org/jobs