Planned Parenthood of Greater Texas offers comprehensive reproductive healthcare services. We are here to educate and care for healthy communities. We believe the needs of our community are greater than they’ve ever been. And that drives us to work harder, aim higher, and expect more from one another. Here, you'll be empowered to make an immediate impact for our organization and clients.
We are searching for a Senior Events Planner in Dallas, TX (North) to join our affiliate. We invite you to apply today.
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package:
Excellent Medical and Dental Benefit Plans
Retirement plan and employer match
Generous Paid Time Off.
Plus Additional Benefits.
The Senior Events Planner organizes and coordinates a wide variety of fundraising events for Planned Parenthood of Greater Texas (PPGT). This position is responsible for all aspects of special events planning and post-event activities. In addition, this position interacts and engages volunteers in event activities including sponsorship solicitation. Ensures productivity expectations, customer service and compliance standards are maintained. Abides by the organization’s mission in performing job duties. Demonstrates an understanding of and commitment to quality healthcare and excellent customer service.
Key Responsibilities of the Senior Events Planner include (please refer to online posting at www.ppgreatertx.org/jobs for complete job description):
- Responsible for organizing and coordinating Special Events for assigned area of responsibility.
- Participates in Development staff meetings. Conducts event status meetings with management or within department as appropriate.
- Partners with the leadership team to enhance community visibility, establish donor relations, etc.
- Tracks special events expenses and revenue to assure they stay within expense budgets and meet or exceed revenue goals.
- Maintains an annual special events calendar.
- Prepares an annual special events audit report.
- Responsible for all aspects of special events planning, to include: Creates parameters and purpose of each event; Creates and adheres to an accurate time line for each event; Provides periodic progress reports on underwriting, revenue raised vs. goal, pledges vs. goal, sponsorships secured and ticket sales; Works with volunteer leadership; Secures entertainment/speaker and makes necessary travel or hotel arrangements; Collaborates with Public Affairs on pre-event publicity; Prepares speech or comments for President/CEO or other executive leaders; Interacts professionally with event chairs and committee members; Assists in design of invitations and in the layout of the event program; Secures venues and food/beverage in compliance with agency policy; Works collaboratively with Security to assess security needs; Secures decorations and/or centerpieces; Assists in the procurement of auction and/or raffle items and filing for any necessary permits; Generates accurate mailing lists, seating charts and name tags.
- Responsible for all aspects of post-event activities, to include: Performs analysis and reporting of attendance and financial goals; Completes verification of invoices and ensures timely payment of invoices; Collaborates with Public Affairs on post-event publicity; Proposes and implements changes to events based on post-event analysis, research, and changing needs of the organization.
- Cultivates donor relationships relating to special events.
- Builds effective and trustworthy relationships with major donors, board members, foundation trustees, PPGT staff and community leaders.
- Keeps current on changing trends in special events and adjusts programs and strategies as needed.
- Ensures compliance with the Board of Director’s governance policies on development as well as the standards established by the Association of Fundraising Professionals.
- Assures that all fundraising materials and any communication with the public maintain the highest standards of integrity and honesty.
- Serves as a role model for staff in quality of work, competence, standards of behavior, initiative, teamwork, and compliance with organization policies.
- Manages volunteer committees that support special events.
- Ensures that the Board of Directors, staff and committees are regularly informed of special event programs and progress.
- Responsible for accurate record-keeping relating to special event activities.
- Promotes and facilitates integration, collaboration and teamwork between all departments throughout the organization to advance the overall plans and initiatives. Champions day-to-day integration efforts between all areas within organization.
- Provides input relating to Development policies, systems, and procedures.
- Provides the utmost integrity and professionalism in communications including staff, supporters, volunteers, and guests.
- Ensures all required training is completed.
- Produces timely and accurate reports to Planned Parenthood Federation of America and regulatory agencies as appropriate.
- Responsible for the integration and project management for special events within assigned area of responsibility.
- Represents the organization at meetings, community events, conferences, and fundraising, as appropriate.
- Has restricted access to client private health information and has no reason to view protected health information (PHI). May have access to data that is not considered PHI, such as aggregate numbers.
- Ensures achievement of agency goals, vision and mission.
- Other related duties as assigned.
- Duties and responsibilities may be added, deleted or changed at any time at the discretion of management, formally or informally, either verbally or in writing.
- Bachelor’s degree in a wide-variety of disciplines (or the equivalent experience).
- 4 years of experience in fundraising, event planning, volunteer management, operations, or related field.
- Must have excellent computer skills with knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Project and Internet.
- Must be able to work flexible hours including evenings and weekends.
- Must be able to travel within and outside organization region as job dictates.
- Must have understanding of the key indicators of a successful event and the implications of actions and decisions on the success of an event.
- Ability to identify viable and sustainable special event expansion opportunities.
- Ability to effectively prepare written acknowledgement letters, contracts and proposals.
- Effective leadership capabilities; able to mentor and coach volunteers.
- Ability to provide oversight of compliance and regulatory requirements pertaining to position.
- Ability to manage intense stress with multiple competing priorities while maintaining a positive attitude and affect.
- Ability to manage details and complexity, to handle a variety of tasks simultaneously and to work under pressure.
- Comfortable and knowledgeable with discussing topics relating to sexual and reproductive health.
- Ability to effectively use organization’s computer systems.
- Be discrete and safe guard confidential information.
- Planning/Organizing: Establishes a systematic course of action for self or others to assure accomplishments of a specific objective. Determines priorities and allocates time and resources effectively.
- Work Management: Effectively manages time as a resource; establishes realistic priorities; schedules own time and activities effectively; gives balanced focus and attention to appropriate long- and short-term priorities. Develops action plans and budgets; leverages technology; anticipates obstacles; establishes check points and monitors progress.
- Building Relationships: Shows genuine interest in others’ needs and opinions; establishes rapport; earns the confidence and trust of others; demonstrates consistency between words and actions; delivers on commitments.
- Communication: Speaks and presents effectively in individual or group situations, including appropriate nonverbal communication. Expresses ideas in a clear, thorough and concise manner. Actively listens to what others say. Writes using good grammatical form and appropriate style. Expresses ideas in a clear, thorough and concise manner.
- Problem Solving: Gathers and analyzes information from a variety of sources to identify issues and develop strategies for accomplishing goals; breaks a problem or issue into manageable, actionable parts; identifies important relationships and root causes; anticipates issues, obstacles or opportunities that may impacts plans or action.
- Advocacy: Supports others and actively contributes to Planned Parenthood’s success; celebrates others’ successes; collaborates across functions and departments to meet internal and external client needs.
- Coping with Demands of the Position: Uses effective problem solving while working under stress, high volume of work demands and/or time demands; regularly meets deadlines.
- Celebrates and exemplifies the core values of our organization: Cooperative and Courteous; Honesty, Integrity & Straightforwardness; Inclusive; Quality Service; and Creativity within the context of Best Practices.
PPGT celebrates diversity and is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. To that end, employment is based solely upon individual merit and qualifications directly related to professional competence. We strictly prohibit unlawful discrimination of any kind, including discrimination on the basis of age; race, color, ancestry, national origin, or ethnicity; citizenship status; sex or gender; gender identity or gender expression or transgender status (including the individual's actual or perceived sex and the individual's gender identity, self-image, appearance, behavior, or expression); sexual orientation; mental or physical disability as long as you are qualified to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation; AIDS, AIDS Related Complex, or HIV status; perception of risk of HIV infection; or association with individuals who are believed to be at risk; religion or creed; genetic information; pregnancy status, including related medical conditions; marital status; past, current, or prospective service in the uniformed services; or any other basis protected by law. We are a drug-free and tobacco-free workplace.
To view all job opportunities at Planned Parenthood of Greater Texas: www.ppgreatertx.org/jobs