At Memorial Hermann, we’re about creating exceptional
experiences for both our patients and our employees. Our goal is to provide
opportunities for our diverse employee population that develop and grow careers
in a team-oriented environment focused on patient care.
Every employee, at every level, begins their journey at Memorial Hermann
learning about the history of the organization and its established culture
built on trust and integrity. Our employees drive this culture, and we want you
to be a part of it.
Through philanthropy, Memorial Hermann Foundation strives
to enhance the world-renowned patient care, research and education that make a
difference for the countless individuals and families served by Memorial
Hermann System. We have charted a strategic path focusing on clear objectives
for the future, and have defined the time, talent and resources required to
meet our targets.
Now is an exciting time to join a growing development team that values
creativity, responsibility and respect.
The Director, Major and Planned Gifts represents the Memorial Hermann
Foundation across the organization and in the community. The Director of Major
and Planned Gifts is responsible for coordinating, executing, and at times,
creating major and planned gift fundraising programs for Memorial Hermann
Foundation. S/he provides leaderships and works collaboratively with Foundation
leadership, System staff and physicians to advance philanthropic support for
Memorial Hermann Foundation including identifying, cultivating, soliciting and
stewarding a dynamic portfolio of major and planned gifts.
Experience / Knowledge / Skills:
- Ten (10) years of professional experience with a
minimum of five (5) years of progressively responsible experience in
development, preferably in major gifts and/or health care.
- 5 years professional planned giving fundraising and
- Knowledge of planned giving vehicles and experience
in soliciting and securing planned gifts a must
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal
communications skills to interact with senior management, board members
and other high level volunteers, donors, physicians and prospects
- Demonstrated ability in thinking strategically to
acquire, engage, upgrade, and steward donors
- Evidence of effectiveness in building and sustaining
relationships with donors, staff, partners and physicians
- Proven ability to lead, motivate and develop staff
- Goal oriented with strong planning, project
management and problem-solving skills and the ability to execute on
- Ability to persuade and motivate others
- Ability to work well with a variety of stakeholders
and to adapt to meet varying needs and conditions
- High degree of professionalism, collegiality,
maturity and diplomacy required
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products. Knowledge
of Raiser's Edge is a plus
- Demonstrates commitment to the Partners-in-Caring
process by integrating our culture in all internal and external customer
interactions; delivers on our brand promise of "we advance
health" through innovation, accountability, empowerment,
collaboration, compassion and results while ensuring one Memorial Hermann.
- Works with the CEO of the Foundation and AVP, Major
Gifts to establish measurable, achievable, and aspirational goals to
deliver results in all assigned areas.
- Devises and implements strategies for specialized
campaign plans including capital campaigns and directed fundraising.
Develops and coordinates materials and functions as required.
- Qualifies and manages a major gifts portfolio of
high-capacity, high-profile donors. Identifies, cultivates and
solicits primarily gifts of $100,000 or greater from individuals,
foundations and corporations.
- Participates in and supports the fundraising
initiatives of the Foundation, including special events, employee
campaign and donor engagement activities.
- Selects, mentors, trains, supervises, evaluates and
counsels employees as appropriate.
- Collaborates across the Foundation team on
cultivation, solicitation, stewardship and gift officer portfolios.
Works closely with the advancement services team on necessary data, gift
processing and acknowledgement.
- Promotes individuals professional growth and
development by meeting requirements for mandatory/continuing education.
- Supports foundation-based goals that contribute to
the success of the Foundation and Memorial Hermann.
- Ensures safe care to patients, staff and visitors;
adheres to all Memorial Hermann policies, procedures, and standards within
budgetary specifications including time management, supply management,
productivity and quality of service.
- Promotes individual professional growth and
development by meeting requirements for mandatory/continuing education and
skills competency; supports department-based goals which contribute to the
success of the organization; serves as preceptor, mentor and resource to
less experienced staff.
- Other duties as assigned.