Jobs : Vice President of Sales and Development
Click here to return to the full list.
|Company / Organization:
||Vice President of Sales and Development
||8525 Garland Rd. Dallas, TX 75218
||$150,000 - $180,000
|Contact Information and
|Please go to www.dallasarboretum.org website click on careers then DABJOBAPPLY to apply for the VP of Sales and Development position. You may also send your cover letter w/salary history and requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Bachelor's Degree plus six years in relevant sales prospecting and solicitation preferred; direct development/membership experience preferred; three years' supervisory experience desirable.
- Related experience in a non-profit organization a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills using correct grammatical and professional writing techniques; professional image both on the phone and in person.
- Good computer skills (great proficiency in MS platform and specific computer applications as needed; donor database system experience desired.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks through use of effective organizational and time-management skills; professional work ethic.
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time for office functions and to physically facilitate events/donor tours on property.
- Ability to work flexible hours, including nights/weekends as needed.
- Driver's license to drive garden vehicles.
- Oversee and support Sales and Special Events department in addressing new and existing accounts to meet and exceed revenue goal budgets through prospect identification and solicitation, successful event coordination, execution and work/cost efficiency to meet the clients' needs as well as to achieve positive net profits.
- Review with staff the identification and Arboretum's recommendations of attractive rental opportunities (locations, packages), pricing structures (including internal labor/personnel costs), etc. to solicit bookings and to assure compliance with Arboretum, City or other required regulations.
- Review and approve development and implementation of long and short term marketing and sales strategies to achieve assigned revenue goals for all areas of revenue streams within the Sales and Special Events Department.
- Encourage the development of positive relationships with relevant hotel, convention, tour provider, business and community contacts for special event and group sales promotion and bookings.
- Directly oversee all aspects and activities of the Arboretum's fundraising program, including - but not limited to - foundation and corporate proposals and in-kind gifts, event sponsorship, Friends program, Membership program, Annual Fund, donor services and stewardship in order to achieve revenue goals.
- Develop and manage the department’s financial resources, including budget, revenue and outlook projections
- Oversee the member relations staff related to telemarketing, phone scripts, member promotions, renewal and annual fund letters, acknowledgement letters; work with President in development of creative and attractive member benefits and special member activities.
- Work with staff in the identification of prospects and donor cultivation for major gift donors, Caroline Rose Hunt Society members, etc.; meet personally with select donors and prospects.
- Supervise the proposal/grant writing effort to identify foundations whose funding criteria matches the Arboretum’s needs; assure active support of Arboretum departmental program funding need and follow up stewardship reporting.
- Effectively interface with relevant Standing Committees.
- Review or prepare annual departmental budgets for approval.
- Assure that expenses/invoices within budget.
- Assure invoices/expense are reviewed and timely processed for payment.
- Monitor or assist with reconciliation of month end prelims.
- Oversee and/or train, evaluate, and effectively manage/schedule personnel; complete required personnel documentation in a timely manner.