AFP Outstanding Philanthropist
This award is presented to an individual or family with a proven record of exceptional generosity who, through direct financial support, has demonstrated outstanding civic and charitable responsibility, and whose generosity encourages others to take philanthropic leadership roles on a community, national and / or international level. Your nomination should include the following information with specific examples:
- Evidence of direct gift support.
- Description of impact of gift support.
- Evidence of encouragement and motivation given to others to take leadership roles in philanthropy.
- Description of participation in and gift support of other not-for-profit organizations, in the community, nationally and / or internationally.
- Evidence of philanthropic support of innovative approaches to solving problems.
Outstanding Philanthropist 2018 - Jack D. Furst
|2018||Jack D. Furst|
|2017||Sandra & Henry Estess|
|2015||Cecilia and Garrett Boone|
|2014||Katherine Perot Reeves|
|2012||Abby & Todd Williams|
|2011||Diane & Hal Brierley|
|2010||The Hallam Family|
|2009||Mary and Mike Terry|
|2008||Charles & Dee Wyly|
|2007||Robert S. Folsom|
|2006||Nancy McMillan Dedman & T. Boone Pickens|
|2003||William and Margot Winspear|
|2002||Bob and Myrna Schlegel|
|2001||Jane and Jack Hamilton|
|2000||Robert J. Wright|
|1999||Linda Wertheimer Hart & Milledge A. Hart III|
|1998||Roger and Carolyn Horchow|
|1997||Dorothy Dee Collins Torbert|
|1996||Peter and Waldo Stewart|
|1995||Charles E. and Sarah M. Seay|
|1994||Louis A. Beecherl, Jr.|
|1993||Beatrice (Bea) Haggerty|
|1992||Nancy B. Hamon|
|1991||Mrs. Allen M. (Jeannette) Early|
|1990||Mrs. Edmund J. (Louise) Kahn|
|1988||The Haggar Family|
|1987||Ida M. & Cecil H. Green *94|
|1986||The Meadows Foundation|
|1985||H. Ross Perot *86|
|1984||Ruth Sharp Altshuler *99|
|1983||Theodore P. Beasley|
* Dallas Chapter Award recipients who became international AFP Awards for Philanthropy Honorees